Don't spoil my dream!!

Tuesday 15 February 2011

I got ID’d for a lottery ticket at the weekend!!

At 26 years old you might think that this is as good as winning the lottery itself, but 16?  Really?

The years I spent travelling have not been kind and have given me some amount of sun damage (healthy characterisation mind you - I’m no prune), so I did ask the woman if she was serious. 

Without humour she said,

“ We think the age is 21 here.” 

Oh you do, do you?  Well, the law thinks otherwise. What an idiot!!

It was 4.40pm on Saturday.  What if I did not have my driver’s licence with me?  Would she have refused to serve me?  And then, if my numbers had come up??

I take the lottery very seriously.  It is my ticket to freedom and a villa in Spain; to Alejandro the topless gardener and sangria by the pool with my Pudding; to long golden sunsets and even longer lazy mornings. 

Don’t mess with my dreams people……!!!

1 comments:

Kat Von Devious said...

I love getting carded for stuff...it will be a sad day when no one asks to see ID any longer, so I'm enjoying it now!

Post a Comment

Little Miss Hodgepodge Copyright © 2010