Close Your Eyes

Monday 7 March 2011

I have a question.  What happens to your eyeballs when you close your eyes?

It is the strangest sensation when your eyes are closed and you start thinking about what direction you are looking at.  Sure, all you see is black, but because of this it does not feel like your eyes are moving.  Although they must be because you are definitely sending that signal from your brain!  Right, left, up, down…….

See – confusing isn’t it? 

The only way to know where your eyes actually are is to open them and see where they’ve moved.  Moreover, if I think about it too much then I get this tingly feeling in my closed eyes and freak out that they have swivelled right round to the back of my head.  Then comes the momentary fear that when I open them I will see my brains. 

Whoever invented eyes weren’t thinking it through when they added the eyelid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little Miss Hodgepodge Copyright © 2010